"The Joy of Living"

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog. I have a short description about myself on the right and rather than having a super long bio there, I thought I would mention a few other things about me for my first official post. I am married to my best friend and the awesomest guy in the world, John Proctor. Yep, you ladies might think your husbands are the best, but I know mine is. Sorry, he's taken. :) And we have a sweet 6-month old daughter, Siena, who keeps us busy and on our toes. Yes, I realize there is only one "n" in her name and many people have already misspelled it. But she is named after the town in Italy that is spelled with only one. This is because one of my favorite countries to visit is Italy and though I haven't been to Siena specifically, I plan to someday. Her middle name, Belle, is to pay homage to my family--because my maiden name is Bell--and because we had to add something French in there. :) If you visit my blog regularly, you'll get to know her well because like every proud parent, I believe she is the cutest, most wonderful baby in the world. This parenting thing is new for us, so I'll probably be posting lots of pictures (like the one below) and recording milestones on here. You have been forewarned. But in the rare free time I have, I enjoy cooking and traveling, so you'll get a little taste of the recipes I try (no pun intended) and the trips we go on when money allows. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. adorable, erin! and congrats on sieNa :) bummer you left after seventh grade because we hit up siena on our 8th grade class trip. blogging is wonderful, i've had mine for six years, and once you start you'll think, how did i ever live without it? bonne chance and happy blog tales!
    mon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogworld! I love the name. I can't wait to see your delicious recipes!

    ReplyDelete